Paulami’s Mango Lassi
After I drank a glass of Mango Lassi, I wanted more and decided to make this myself. I asked Paulami for her recipe from Mango Lassi and she gave it to me. With her permission I can share the recipe with you. I have provided the recipe for additions for vegan variety.
Ingrediënts for two persons:
- 1 cup plain full fat yoghurt (regular, for vegan variation: soy- or coconutyoghurt);
- 1/4 cup of water or milk (regular, or soy-, or nuts-, or coconut- or ricemilk);
- 1 cup chopped very ripe mango (frozen chopped mango, or a cup of canned mango pulp);
- 4 teaspoons sugar or honey, more or less to taste ( vegan: organic sugar);
- a dash of ground cardamom (optional), 1 strand of saffron;
- 3-4 pistachios chopped used for garnishing;
- 3-6 icecubes (when its a hot day)
- Put mango, yoghurt, milk (or water), sugar or honey, cardemom, saffron into a blender and blend for 2 minutes and then for 1 hour in the refrigerator;
- If you want a more milkshake consistency and its a hot day, either blend in ice cubes as well or serve over ice cubes;
- sprinkle with a tiny pinch of ground cardamom and chopped pistachios to serve;
- the Mango Lassi can be kept refigerated for up to 24 hours. Enjoy your Mango Lassi!